The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has compiled a detailed list of things you can do to prepare your family in case Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads in your area.
Find Local Information
Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases.
Know the Signs & Symptoms
Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if symptomatic:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
Take Steps for Those at Higher Risk
Know what additional measures those at higher risk and who are vulnerable should take.
Protect Yourself & Family
Implement steps to prevent illness:
- Stay home when sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Respiratory etiquette
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
Create a Household Plan
Create a household plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Consider 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible.
- Establish ways to communicate with others, like family, friends and co-workers.
- Establish plans to work remotely, what to do about childcare needs, how to adapt to cancellation of events.
Stay Informed About Emergency Plans
Know about emergency operations plans for schools/workplaces of household members.
CLICK HERE for more information from the CDC.